Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

NAKED PARTY

On the evening of March 30 eleven of the twelve authors who collaborated on the serial novel Naked Came the Leaf Peeper (mentioned in a previous post below) read from portions of their chapters before a large and enthusiastic crowd at the Hunanities Lecture Hall at the University of North Carolina at Asheville.
The book, currently Malaprop's Bookstore's hottest seller, is rapidly gaining a reputation in the literary world for superb R-rated humor.  My previous post names all the illustrious contributors. Co-editors Brian Lee Knopp and Linda Barrett-Knopp kindly invited me to read a portion of my very minor Afterword.  I was honored to appear onstage with such talented writers who had given so much more than I to the success of the book.  A photo was taken of my reading, and Linda has kindly granted me permission to include it here.  From left are Gene Cheek; Annette Saunooke Clapsaddle; Alan Gratz; yours truly in my cowboy hat which, like Harrison Ford's in the Indiana Jones movies, is always stapled to my head; and Wayne Caldwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment